Preschool Program in Las Vegas
The Journey to Kindergarten Readiness
Future academic success is a journey—Preschool is an essential part of that path to elementary school for active learners. Hands-on early childhood learning experiences allow children to practice and develop key skills. This program focuses on:
- Encouraging independence
- Cooperating and communicating
- Hands-on learning
- Literacy and number concepts
Children have the opportunity to develop skills across a variety of disciplines in our eight dynamic learning centers.
- Music & Movement Center: As they cooperate and communicate with others, children build physical coordination skills through movement, dance, and song.
- Math Center: Early math concepts like number organization, counting and comparing, sorting, and ordering give children a chance to explore new ideas.
- Art Center: In this creative setting, children explore new art techniques, concepts of color, and cooperating with classmates.
- Dramatic Play Center: Children learn to express their emotions and make sense of the world around them through imaginative play that will enhance their early writing and reading skills.
- Block Center: Working with different materials helps children develop hand-eye coordination while they learn to sort, count, and pattern items.
- Science Center: Through the exploration of plants, animals, weather, seasons, and other science areas, children are enabled to build observational and questioning skills.
- Writing Center: Early writing skills, in addition to essential communication, are developed through the exploration of rhymes and sounds, letter recognition and formation.
- Reading Center: Children build literacy skills in this center while they achieve milestones such as print awareness, story comprehension, and listening.
Inspired by the HighScope philosophy, our Young Achievers™ curriculum relies on the foundational principle of active learning. Students have direct hands-on experiences with new ideas, materials and people, all guided by our robust Plan-Do-Review process. Our digital lesson planning tool builds customized curriculum, based on teachers’ observation and assessment of children, so that they can achieve milestones across 10 developmental scales.
- Approaches to Learning: Measure children’s ability to set goals, make plans, interact with others, and interact with the environment.
- Creative Arts: Measure the ability to express ideas and feelings through music, movement, visual arts, and drama.
- Language: Measuring expressive vocabulary, receptive vocabulary, and using their vocabulary and conversation skills for effective communication.
- Literacy: Measuring alphabet knowledge, reading and writing skills and comprehension, as well as phonological awareness.
- Logic & Reasoning: Measuring sequencing, problem-solving, and symbolic and critical-thinking abilities.
- Early Math: Measuring the ability to comprehend numbers, patterns, sorting, and ordering, while using numbers for addition, subtraction, measurement, and graphing.
- Nature & Science: Measuring understanding of the natural and physical world, as well as observation, descriptive, prediction, and data-gathering abilities.
- Social Studies: Measuring children’s ability for self-awareness, as well as their ability to understand their families, their community, and their world.
- Physical Development/Health: Measuring motor skills, both fine and gross, in addition to understanding health and nutrition.
- Social-Emotional Development: Measuring self-awareness, plus the ability to show respect and empathy for others.